Graduate Research Assistantships:
Graduate Research Assistantship positions for Ph.D. students are available in the areas of parallel architectures and algorithms, high- performance computing, applications of grid computing, performance modeling and application mapping for multi-core systems, reconfigurable computing, networked sensor system, heterogeneous cloud computing, cloud computing and scalability, reconfigurable computing with FPGAs, parallel software for multi-core architectures, and big data analysis. Each research assistant will receive a competitive stipend plus paid tuition. Applicants can apply to either the Computer Science department or to the Computer Engineering program within the Electrical Engineering department.
- The USC graduate online application webpage is available at the following websites: www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/applyonline/. Some more information can be found at www.cs.usc.edu/admission/application-information.htm and ee.usc.edu/admission/graduate.
- If you are a new applicant, register an account at the application webpage.
- Sign in with the PIN and password and click on "application for admission".
- Read the instructions on the webpage carefully and fill the online application form. You must provide the following information: (1) Biographical and contact information (2) Application information (3) Academic and language background (4) Additional information and comments (5) International applicant information, if applicable, (6) in application information, select Engineering as the target school and Computer Engineering or Computer Science as your intended program. (7) Select "Parallel & Distributed Computing" as one of your research areas of interest.
- If you have questions about USC application process, please e-mail the USC Graduate Admissions Office, or contact them via telephone at (213) 740-1111.